Table of Contents
Only Local Administrators may permanently delete student records. Classroom accounts may only remove students from a class roster but not delete the student records.
Student Record Deletion is Permanent and Irreversible
When a student record is deleted, all historic information about that student is also deleted, along with group assignments, overrides, and all other information specific to that individual student.
There are multiple methods to perform this operation.
Delete Unassigned Students
To unassign a student from a classroom, perform one of these operations:
- Classroom Account: Go to Students / Roster then click the red X in the Remove column. This only removes students from the class roster, it does not delete the student record
- Local Admin Account: Go to Accounts / List; locate a classroom account with Classroom [NN] where NN is the number of students assigned to the classroom; click the Classroom [NN] link; click the red X in the Remove column. This only removes students from the class roster, it does not delete the student record
- Local Admin Account: Go to Student / List; locate the desired student; click on the last name; in the edit student block at the top of the page select the classroom drop down and set it to –Not Assigned– then click Save. This method is not recommended because at this point it is easier to simply delete the student from this page directly. See instructions below regarding deleting an assigned student
Students that are not assigned to a classroom will appear in the Students / List page with a red X in the Classroom column. Click the red X to permanently delete the student record.
- Navigate to Students / List, then select the link for Unassigned
- Place a check mark in the right hand column for any students to be deleted
- Scroll to the bottom of the page then press Delete Selected Students
All unassigned students may be removed in a singled operation.
- Navigate to Tools / Delete Unassigned Students
- Read the instructions on the page
- Enter the code word into the designated field
- Click the delete button
Delete Assigned Students
To delete a student that is currently assigned to a classroom, a Local Admin may:
- Navigate to Students / List
- Click the first letter of the student last name
- Click on the last name of the student
- On the student edit page, set the check mark titled Permanently Delete Student
- Click on Save
- The screen will change to allow the addition of a new student
- Repeat the process for additional students