Password Recovery on Android
User IDs @yahoo.com will not receive recovery password messages. Yahoo! blocks all messages originating from Silent Dismissal.
- Launch Silent Dismissal Parent Connect App. The Parent version of the app can be identified by showing an image of a woman in a car with a smart phone
- Press Existing User in lower left corner
- Enter your school domain. It will be of the format <shorthand school notation>.sdcs<number>.com
- If this information is not already saved then you will need to enter it. If you don't know it you can find it on the original placard sheet provided by the school. If you can't find the school server information then your only option is to contact the school to get that information
- Press Next at the bottom right of the screen
- Enter your user ID - which is your e-mail address - in the e-mail address field
- Press the Forgot Password link on the page
- Your password will be e-mailed to you. This happens immediately; there is no queuing for later processing. If you haven't seen the e-mail within a minute, check your junk mail. If it is not in your junk mail then you can safely presume that you will not be receiving the message so proceed to the manual method below.
The execution of these steps are performed by each school individually for their own parents only and are therefore governed by the policies of each school. Silent Dismissal does not control the operating policies of the school with regard to parent password recovery.
- Contact the school
- Usually this must be done in person for security reasons
- Inform the school staff to perform these instructions
- Sign in to Silent Dismissal using an administrator account
- Navigate to Reports / Parents : Account List
- Locate the entry for your account
- Use CTRL-F to search, or
- Click on column header for name to sort then scroll through the list
- Click on your e-mail (User ID) address
- On the Parent Access Account Student List hover the mouse pointer over the e-mail (User ID) address to view the current password
- Alternatively, the school may use the edit box in the upper right hand corner to set an different password
Manual Option 2
Depending upon school policy, the school may agree to provide the password by sending it via e-mail to the listed e-mail address in response to a telephone request for assistance.